Job ID: 1003
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Position reports to: Director of Market Operations
This position provides jobsite and crew supervision and leadership of local market construction activities using Deep Fiber Solutions’ (DFS) fiber construction in core extracted coax technology in cable operator hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) networks.
- Provides jobsite working leadership of a 4-person turnkey construction crew which extracts the core from coaxial cables, blows fiber-optic cables in the vacant shield/duct, splices fiber and electronics and reactivates service on the new infrastructure.
- Assists in the recruiting, assessment, hiring and training of local technical personnel to staff the crew.
- Assures the development and well-being of assigned personnel.
- As the senior DFS representative at the jobsite, manages customer relations to enhance the DFS and cable operator brands.
- Manages work to prevent service outages.
- Ensures efficient work order management, project scheduling and materials management to achieve maximum crew productivity.
- With the Director of Market Operations, coordinates planning activities with local cable operator engineering and construction teams.
- Provides production reporting to DFS management for accurate billing, inventory management and productivity measures.
- Recommends improvements to DFS methods and procedures, standards and documentation, tools and operational support systems to produce maximum effectiveness/efficiency and a quality customer experience.
- Provide ongoing, on-the-job, equipment, technical and safety training to local technical personnel.
- Promotes safety awareness, and adherence to the DFS Safety and Loss Control Program in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Consults with the Director of Market Operations to define key performance indicators and service levels, create a process framework and initiate and direct improvement activities to achieve optimum production.
- Maintains and safeguards DFS vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years of senior technical experience with hybrid fiber-coax network maintenance and/or construction.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction or operations team supervision.
- Able to perform any crew assignment, including span qualification, pot holing, ejecting the core from coax, blowing fiber and splicing.
- Operational knowledge of optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR), fusion splicer and fiber blowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of current fiber optic network technologies.
- Ability to utilize people, project tools and technologies to complete projects in a successful and timely manner from start to completion.
- Ability to communicate observations, findings and results and address open issues, resolve problems and recognize achievements.
- Goal oriented, self-starter capable of leading by example.
- A pride in detailed reporting to support accurate billing, inventory requirements and team productivity.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, solve problems, lead, motivate, coach and train others.
- Exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity in interactions with all levels of the organization, cable operator management and homeowners/customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An unblemished driving record and a current driver’s license.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience required.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com