Job ID: 1006
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides leadership and strategic direction for managing, planning, and construction activities using Deep Fiber Solutions fiber construction in core extracted coax technology in cable operator HFC networks.
- Provide day to day functional leadership, management, and execution of DFS technology solutions ensuring support of the company’s business objectives in the market region.
- Collaborate and coordinate DFS project management and planning activities with local cable operator engineering and construction teams.
- Assist in developing, refining and implementing DFS methods and procedures, standards development and documentation, tools, and operational support systems to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a quality customer experience.
- Assist in developing and managing DFS processes related to efficient work order management, project scheduling, materials management, and accurate customer billing.
- Assist in the recruiting, assessment, and hiring process of local crew managers and local technical personnel.
- Provide on-the-job equipment, technical, and safety training to crew managers and local technical personnel.
- Assist in developing and monitoring ongoing work safety programs to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Promote safety awareness in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Assist in managing local inventories, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Consult with customers and DFS management to define key performance indicators and service levels, create a process framework, and initiate and direct improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience with HFC planning and construction.
- 10+ years of construction or operations team management.
- Ability to utilize people, project tools, and technologies to complete projects in a successful and timely manner from start to completion.
- Ability to communicate observations, findings and results, and address open issues, resolve problems, and recognize achievements.
- Goal oriented, self-starter who can work independently to accomplish tasks with limited direction.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time, handle change in a positive manner and function in a fast paced environment with limited direction.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, solve problems, lead, motivate and train others.
- Exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity in interactions with all levels of the organization and customers.
- Ability to manage across DFS and cable operator functional teams to achieve desired business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and proven track record in program management, quality management, and process improvement skills.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience required.
- BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com