Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Position reports to: Director of Market Operations
This position provides supervision, leadership and program management of local market field survey/engineering activities leveraging Deep Fiber Solutions’ (DFS) fiber construction in core extracted coax technology in cable operator hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) networks. This is a working manager responsible for coordinating and managing assigned Field Surveyors/Engineers. The Field Manager will supervise and, as necessary, participate in the actual work being performed.
- Plan, organize and direct the work of assigned employees engaged in OSP Field Engineering related to surveying, permitting, fielding and design.
- Program Manage clients projects related to field engineering, surveying, permitting and construction.
- In accordance with project or program goals, establish work priorities and inspect work in progress and upon completion.
- Ensures field survey/engineering packages are completed and assigned within the designated turn-around timelines set-forth with DFS clients.
- Ensures efficient work order management, project scheduling and materials management to achieve maximum productivity.
- With the Director of Market Operations, coordinates planning activities with local cable operator engineering and construction teams.
- Assists in the recruiting, assessment, hiring and training of local technical personnel.
- Assures the development and well-being of assigned personnel.
- Provides production reporting to DFS management for accurate billing, inventory management and productivity measures.
- Recommends improvements to DFS methods and procedures, standards and documentation, tools and operational support systems to produce maximum effectiveness/efficiency and a quality customer experience.
- Develops and maintains a filing system for archive and retrieval of field engineering packages, permits, pictures and CAD drawings.
- Provide ongoing, on-the-job, equipment, technical and safety training to local technical personnel.
- Promotes safety awareness, and adherence to the DFS Safety and Loss Control Program in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Consults with the Director of Market Operations to define key performance indicators and service levels, create a process framework and initiate and direct improvement activities to achieve optimum production.
- Maintains and safeguards DFS vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree
- 10+ year’s working knowledge in CATV HFC construction, design and/or fielding/permitting.
- Working knowledge of principle and practices of supervision, including selection and training related to CATV field survey, engineering, permitting, and cost calculation.
- Experience in managing large complex programs and high volume projects
- Working knowledge of CATV HFC plant and fiber technologies.
- Advanced experience with MS office Suite of products; Power Point, Visio, MS Project, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced experience with AutoCAD programs
- Working knowledge of State, City, County, DOT and utility permitting requirements and submission
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of assigned personnel and accomplish the completion of assigned programs and projects; acquire a thorough knowledge of applications, policies, requirements and regulation of the City and other government agencies as required. Prepare and maintain accurate written report and records; operate and maintain equipment and tools; maintain effective working relationships with those contacted through the course of working.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Hand/eye coordination is necessary to operate hand and electrical tools as well as to operate personal computers and other office equipment
- While performing duties, employee is required to sit, stand, climb stairs and ladders, operate tools; reach with hands and arms
- Required to do light lifting up to 50 lbs and on occasions may lift moderate to heavy items
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com