Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides surveys for new or existing telecom or CATV facilities, program and project management of local market field survey/engineering activities leveraging Deep Fiber Solutions’ (DFS) fiber construction in core extracted coax technology in cable operator hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) networks. This is a working position responsible for coordinating and managing field survey activities.
- Plan, organize and perform OSP Field Engineering related to surveying, permitting, fielding and design.
- Manage clients projects related to field engineering, surveying and permitting.
- In accordance with project or program goals, establish work priorities and inspect work in progress and upon completion.
- Ensures field survey/engineering packages are completed and assigned within the designated turn-around timelines set-forth with DFS clients.
- Ensures efficient work order management, project scheduling and materials management to achieve maximum productivity.
- With the Field Engineering Manager, coordinates planning activities with local cable operator engineering and construction teams.
- Recommends improvements to DFS methods and procedures, standards and documentation, tools and operational support systems to produce maximum effectiveness/efficiency and a quality customer experience.
- Develops and maintains a filing system for archive and retrieval of field engineering packages, permits, pictures and CAD drawings.
- Promotes safety awareness, and adherence to the DFS Safety and Loss Control Program in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Consults with the Field Engineering Manager to achieve key performance indicators and service levels.
- Maintains and safeguards DFS vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
OSP Field Engineering responsibilities will include the following:
- Determine Fiber Tie-In points using system prints & field survey
- Compile serviceable Addresses along proposed routing
- Provide building outline and rough routing (w/footages) to site on existing prints
- Provide necessary construction notes. Identify wreck-out for forced relocates
- Supply Make-ready directives for all Aerial attachments
- Estimates project cost (DFS & Conventional)
- Deliver OSP Engineering and BOM details to RF Design Contractor within 5 business days
- Pre-qualify current cascade and notify Clients if plant extensions will exceed maximum before surveying
- Collaborate with Design Contractor and Clients Management as needed to complete project
Program Management Responsibilities will include the following:
- Client Strategy – align results/outcome with overall client objectives and scope
- Resource Allocation – creates budgets and BOM’s, assigns technical resources, minimizes waste, reduces cost
- Planning – set objectives, assign tasks, develop timelines and schedule
- Communication – track progress and provide updates as needed internally and externally
Qualifications will include but may not be limited to the following:
- 2+ year’’’s working knowledge in CATV HFC construction, design and/or fielding/permitting.
- Experience in working with large complex programs and high volume projects
- Working knowledge of CATV HFC plant and fiber technologies.
- Experience with MS office Suite of products; Power Point, Visio, MS Project, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with AutoCAD programs
- Working knowledge of State, City, County, DOT and utility permitting requirements and submission
- Ability to effectively monitor the work and accomplish the completion of assigned programs and projects
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of applications, policies, requirements and regulation of the City and other government agencies as required
- Prepare and maintain accurate written report and records; operate and maintain equipment and tools; maintain effective working relationships with those contacted through the course of working
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather
- Hand/eye coordination is necessary to operate hand and electrical tools as well as to operate personal computers and other office equipment
- While performing duties, employee is required to sit, stand, climb stairs and ladders, operate tools; reach with hands and arms
- Required to do light lifting up to 50 lbs and on occasions may lift moderate to heavy items
- 2+ year’s working knowledge in CATV HFC construction, design and/or fielding/permitting
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com