Location: Roswell, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Staff Accountant provides support to department activities with responsibility for processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information in compliance with established policies and procedures; providing accounting support to other team members.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility is to assist in daily accounting functions with an emphasis on Customer Billing/Revenue Recognition and Accounts Payable.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with monthly close calendars
- Maintain financial records analyzing/reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on general and subsidiary bank accounts
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules for all intangible asset and prepaid accounts; calculating and recording amortization expense monthly
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset schedules; calculating and recording depreciation expense monthly
- Secure financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintain accounting controls by following established policies and procedures
- Comply with all federal, state, and local financial and tax reporting requirements;
- Assist with preparation for the year-end financial audit
- Support other team members as necessary.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounting or Business related Bachelor’s degree required.
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com