Job ID: 1004
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Position reports to: Crew Manager
This position has primarily responsible for assuring continuity of service during Deep Fiber Solutions’ (DFS) fiber construction in core extracted coax technology in cable operator hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) networks. Provides jobsite leadership in the planning for the provision of temporary service and then converts service to fiber-optic infrastructure by splicing fibers and electronics after fiber installation is completed. After splicing, reactivates service to customers on the new fiber-optic network, coordinating with the cable operator to transition customers to new nodes when appropriate.
- As a senior DFS representative at the jobsite, maintains a high level of customer relations to enhance the DFS and cable operator brands.
- May be required to assume the duties of the Crew Manager in her/his absence.
- Manages work to prevent service outages.
- Ensures efficient splicing project scheduling to achieve maximum converted network productivity.
- Provides fiber splicing production reporting for accurate billing, inventory management and productivity measures.
- Has primary responsibility for converted network performance.
- Troubleshoots network issues and proposes solutions.
- Reads, interprets and executes network designs consistent with the DFS playbook.
- Recommends improvements to DFS methods and procedures, standards and documentation, tools and operational support systems to produce maximum effectiveness/efficiency and a quality customer experience.
- Promotes safety awareness, and adherence to the DFS Safety and Loss Control Program in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Consults with the Crew Manager to define key performance indicators and service levels, create a process framework and initiate improvement activities to achieve optimum production.
- Maintains and safeguards DFS vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior technical experience with hybrid fiber-coax network maintenance and/or construction.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant splicing experience in construction or fiber optic network operations.
- Able to perform Tech II and Tech I assignments, including span qualification, pot holing, ejecting the coax core and fiber installation.
- Deep operating knowledge of fusion splicing equipment, methods and measurements.
- Working knowledge of optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR) and fiber installation equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of HFC networks and optical design and a working knowledge of current fiber optic network technologies and associated designs.
- Ability to utilize people, project tools and technologies to complete projects in a successful and timely manner.
- Ability to communicate observations, findings and results and address open issues and resolve problems.
- Goal oriented, self-starter capable of leading by example.
- A pride in detailed reporting to support accurate billing, inventory requirements and team productivity.
- Ability to communicate, solve problems, coach and train others.
- Exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity in interactions with all levels of the organization, cable operator management and homeowners/customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An unblemished driving record and a current driver’s license.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience required.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Our ideal applicants have worked for a cable operator in a senior technical field position, such as line technician. You understand the importance of not interrupting a customer’s service. You are familiar with cable electronics and have experience with fiber optics.
Deep Fiber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employercandidates@deepfibersolutions.com